For those who wish to be more active in their support of BGR, there are many opportunities available. To volunteer your services, please send a message using our Contact Us page.
Below is the list of current openings:
Job Title: Table-top Presenter
Job/Task Description: Run table-top presentations at Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) charity fairs and events. Events are held in most major US cities; a presenter would work in their own geographic area.
Traits: Neat, presentable, somewhat well spoken
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for BGR, its mission, its projects, and awareness of current events regarding poverty, hunger, climate change and other issues relevant to BGR’s mission.
- Run tabletop at event: distribute BGR materials, talk to event-goers about BGR’s mission and current projects.
- May occasionally require short 2 to 5 minute presentations about BGR's mission and selected projects.
- BGR will provide tabletop supplies (brochures, posters, buttons, etc.); however, presenter may need to purchase some supplies locally and will be reimbursed by BGR for reasonable purchases.
Time Needed: Approximately 5 to 8 hours per week average during campaign season (September through December).
Availability: Events can take place 1 to 3 times a week, but may have gaps of a week or more with no events.
Tools Needed: Must provide own transportation to the events.
Primary contact(s): Fundraising Chair, Executive Director
Job Title: Facebook Page Administrator
Job/Task Description: Responsible for all apsects of administration of BGR’s Facebook page.
Traits: Organized; detail-oriented; possessing a genuine interest in using social media as a platform for social change and engagement; a flexible team-player.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for BGR and its mission, and awareness of current events regarding poverty, hunger, climate change and other issues relevant to BGR’s mission.
- Experience as a Facebook Page Administrator for business or non-profit organizations; ability to routinely post items of interest relating to BGR activities and its mission, with strong writing and editing skills.
- The candidate will also be able to research and identify engaging current news items and emerging themes relevant to BGR’s work; possess basic HTML coding skills to customize BGR Facebook Page posts, notes, and tabs; identify and post visually compelling photos and video.
Time Needed: Approximately 3-5 hours a week.
Availability: Postings on Facebook should be daily to the extent possible.
Tools Needed: Internet access, computer, e-mail, basic image editing software
Primary contact(s): Communications Chair, Executive Director
Graphic Artist for Web Content and Print Production
Job/Task Description: Graphic Artist for web content and print production to assist designers and IT in preparing files to be web-ready and/or print-ready. Should be especially good at preparing photos and optimizing them for both the web and print. Will need to review, troubleshoot, and clean up photos and html files. Create charts and graphics in Illustrator.
Traits: Attention to detail
Skills/Requirements: Expert at Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign. Basic Microsoft Word, Dreamweaver (for web content)
Location: Live anywhere
Time Needed: Varies
Availability: Dependent on projects; usually after work hours
Tools Needed: Computer, internet, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Microsoft Word; For web content also need: HTML, Dreamweaver,
Primary contact(s): Communications Chair, IT Chair, graphic designers