For those who wish to be more active in their support of BGR, there are many opportunities available. To volunteer your services, please send a message using our Contact Us page.
Below is the list of current openings:
Job Title: Walk to Feed the Hungry Coordinator
Job/Task Description: Buddhist Global Relief is seeking coordinators to lead the planning, organizing, and production of Walk to Feed the Hungry fundraising event, to be held in Fall 2020. Responsibilities include recruiting and managing a team of volunteers, interfacing with BGR staff, selecting date and securing venue for the event, publicizing the event, and managing the donations process with the assistance of BGR staff.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills
- Skill at managing teams
- Willingness to delegate responsibility
- Ability to communicate regularly via email, text, and/or telephone
- Experience with fundraising is beneficial, but not required
Time Needed: Flexible, varying over time and with size of event. Coordinators will need to be available to devote more time in the period immediately leading up to the event.
Tools Needed: Computer and internet access
Job Title: Facebook Page Administrator
Job/Task Description: Responsible for all apsects of administration of BGR’s Facebook page.
Traits: Organized; detail-oriented; possessing a genuine interest in using social media as a platform for social change and engagement; a flexible team-player.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for BGR and its mission, and awareness of current events regarding poverty, hunger, climate change and other issues relevant to BGR’s mission.
- Experience as a Facebook Page Administrator for business or non-profit organizations; ability to routinely post items of interest relating to BGR activities and its mission, with strong writing and editing skills.
- The candidate will also be able to research and identify engaging current news items and emerging themes relevant to BGR’s work; possess basic HTML coding skills to customize BGR Facebook Page posts, notes, and tabs; identify and post visually compelling photos and video.
Time Needed: Approximately 3-5 hours a week.
Availability: Postings on Facebook should be daily to the extent possible.
Tools Needed: Internet access, computer, e-mail, basic image editing software
Primary contact(s): Communications Chair, Executive Director